Sunday, May 3, 2009

Experiencing the darkness without falling in


Sometimes I feel so boring. Inspiration is just a word, and there’s a emptiness and inertia in my day-to-day activities that leaves me vaguely unsatisfied. I am immensely grateful that I’m not bound to this cycle, at least not like I used to be. Quiet affirmations keep me walking the fine line of experiencing the darkness without falling in. I was reminded of this again at this Sunday’s service at Center for Spiritual Living; God, or Love, or whatever you call it, is present in the darkness. It's in the light. It’s in the interesting times and the boring. It’s everywhere at all times, loving and accepting me no matter what. That’s comforting and inspiring.

During Sunday’s service, Jurie used the words “gold mine” in a prayer, but I heard “goal mind,” a lovely and poetic little happening...

gold mine~ goal mind





Later, driving on the highway, I passed two pairs of crows at the side of the road within a few minutes of each other. I heard once that crows signify a spiritual message, and I often pause when I see a crow and try to listen more deeply to the moment.

These sketches are made from pictures of crows online (gotta love Google’s image search!) I’ll probably work them in to the next collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment